Sutter Health : Program Manager – Sustainability and Standards
Position: Program Manager – Sustainability and Standards
Location: Los Altos, California
The Sustainability and Standards Program Manager for the system serves two functions. This position will develop and lead a comprehensive sustainability program at Sutter Health. This includes general environmental initiatives, sustainable product procurement, waste reduction; toxicity reduction; energy and water conservation; greenhouse gas emissions reduction; healthy
food programs; environmentally responsible facility design, construction, and operation; and employee engagement. This position will be responsible for tracking, benchmarking, and reporting on all environmental programs, coordination of environmental programs between departments and local “green teams”, and represents the organization’s environmental initiatives with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Required Or equivalent education/experience
- Experience in healthcare construction and operations required.
- Experience in contact negotiation and execution required.
- 5 years experience managing healthcare sustainability program required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of local, regional and national emerging sustainable business strategies, life cycle assessments (LCA), ROI analysis and other key sustainability tools and techniques.
- Understanding of construction and healthcare operations means and methods
- Comprehensive negotiation and contracting knowledge along with an extensive understanding of business operations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate with Sutter Health leadership, staff and community members at all levels in a respectful, supportive, positive, objective manner, keeping the issues at the forefront of the discussion.
- Ability to analyze data, evaluate outcomes and recommend actions utilizing Lean principles and methods
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to negotiate in an effective manner to bring maximum value to Sutter Health