Stem : Sales Associate
Location: Millbrae, CA
As a Sales Associate, you will be helping the enterprise sales team with customer acquisition from the initial customer interaction through the development of a proposal including the solution design, pricing, and financial modeling of the project. You will support several outside Account Executives to assist in moving deals through sales funnel to booking as quickly as possible. The sales team will expect you to be an expert on the entire sales process including project analysis, pricing, legal, finance and project management. You will also be responsible for sourcing a limited number of customer accounts. This role is a fantastic opportunity to participate in and understand all parts of large project enterprise sales.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Work as the main point of contact with several outside Account Executives for all internal deliverables from proposal inception through booking and hand-off to operations.
- Take initiative! Sales cycles will require proactive resourcefulness that includes researching the client, setting meetings, collecting & analyzing billing data, preparing presentations, updating salesforce, etc.
- Become an expert on solution design and be able to address technical questions / objections pertaining to economic modeling, savings analysis, due diligence, new markets, tariffs, pricing, etc.
- Create and manage customized economic models that capture the full scope of the value we are providing our customers and partners on the largest and most strategic deals. This will entail working with clients to understand their business needs and work with cross functional teams to build out the business case for discreet projects / opportunities.
- Manage all aspects of preliminary and final proposal development, including but not limited to coordination, writing, editing, maintenance, and document assembly.
- Be able to drive customer meetings, calls and other events on behalf of the Account Executives they support when requested.
- Coordinate with Legal department (contracts, NDAs) for review and input as required.
- Be proactive and willingly learn how to use and master the tools required to help Partners incorporate energy storage into their market offerings.
- Communicate project status to appropriate stakeholders as needed and via CRM system for reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of related experience in sales, consulting, finance, or sales engineering ideally within a business to business environment.
Stem is the global leader in AI-driven energy storage. With more than 800 systems on-line or being installed in 75 jurisdictions across six states and three countries, and a groundbreaking contract with Southern California Edison to deliver 85MW of grid stabilizing capacity and customer-sited energy storage, Stem has more experience installing and operating advanced energy storage systems than every other provider combined.
How to apply: https://stem-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobInfo&version=1&jobid=302