RE-volv : Solar Account Manager
Solar Account Manager
Primary Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports To: Executive Director
Application Deadline: ASAP
The Solar Account Manager Role
RE-volv seeks an experienced and highly motivated Solar Account Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for a professional who has experience managing solar sales efforts, with an emphasis on small commercial solar projects. The Solar Account Manager will lead RE-volv’s nonprofit solar sales process, managing all aspects from identifying and qualifying nonprofits as potential solar customers, to presenting the solar financial analysis to them, to following through to contract signing. The right candidate will have a strong background in solar energy sales, customer relationship management, great project management skills, a creative spark, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills. They will also use their exemplary relationship skills to build strong long-term relationships with our nonprofit clients.
RE-volv is a lean nonprofit social enterprise focused on fighting climate change by accelerating the adoption of clean energy in local communities. RE-volv empowers communities by financing the upfront costs of installing solar energy systems at local nonprofits. Through an innovative solar financing model, these nonprofits immediately save on their electricity costs, while the remaining revenue from their solar assets contributes to a revolving fund, which helps to pay for the next nonprofit’s solar system – a first-of-its-kind pay-it-forward model for renewable energy financing. Through the process, RE-volv’s primary goal is to engage as many people as possible in building the clean energy economy.
This is a full time position in our San Francisco office in the Financial District. This is a high impact position, requiring creativity, independence, collaboration and initiative. Compensation includes an annual salary commensurate with experience, benefits, and generous paid time off. RE-volv also provides the last Friday of every month off for personal care, which we call RE-charge Days. RE-volv allows flexible work hours and is committed to supporting a good work-life balance. Position starts as soon as possible.
- Manage RE-volv’s pipeline of nonprofit leads interested in exploring solar financing
- Conduct discovery calls, proposal walkthroughs, and facilitate the solar education process with nonprofit leaders
- Work closely with Senior Solar Program Manager to sign solar leases and PPAs with nonprofit clients
- Manage nonprofit accounts and provide excellent customer service to active clients
- Work with Solar Ambassador Program Manager to train volunteers on account management best practices
- Work with Solar Ambassador volunteers to coordinate ongoing relationships with leads
- Develop channel partnerships with synergistic nonprofits
- Support contract negotiations between clients and RE-volv’s legal advisors
- Represent RE-volv in the community by speaking and tabling at events
- Support RE-volv teammates as needed
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of solar account management and/or solar sales experience
- Preferred: commercial solar sales experience
- Proven track record of individually managing large solar sales pipelines
- Excellent written and phone communication skills
- Proficiency with managing sales process through Salesforce
- Ability to self-manage deadlines and tasks
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting renewable energy, mitigating climate change, and building an equitable and sustainable society
How to Apply : https://re-volv.org/about-us/jobs/
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter detailing relevant experience, salary requirements, and interest in the position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Solar Account Manager Application” in the subject line. No calls, please.