Clean Power Alliance : Structured Contracts Manager
Structured Contracts Manager
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Clean Power Alliance (CPA) is a new Community Choice Aggregation/Joint Powers Authority formed to provide electricity services to retail customers in Southern California. With 32 member agencies, CPA will be the largest CCA in California and 5th largest electric utility in the State, serving over three million residents and businesses through more than one million customer accounts.
CPA uses its market power to advance clean energy goals in a way that adheres to the local priorities of its member agencies. To further this mission, CPA is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented team member to perform long-term contract origination and management activities for CPA, under the supervision of the Director of Power Planning and Procurement.
This is a challenging opportunity to play a key role in restructuring Southern California’s energy market to
rapidly reduce greenhouse gas emissions and provide local choice in energy supply and services. To be
successful you must:
• Have strong project management skills and experience leading cross-functional teams
• Have high attention to detail with strong organizational skills
• Have strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Communicate effectively, orally and in writing and the ability to translate complex technical
information into non-technical language
• Handle multiple priorities to meet deadlines and escalate key issues
• Work accurately and swiftly under pressure
• Have a high tolerance for uncertainty but know how to bring things to resolution
• Have a strong work ethic befitting a start-up environment
The Structured Contracts Manager will be responsible for the procurement of energy resources and will
support all aspects of the deal-making process, including the solicitation process, due diligence,
negotiations, and contract management.
Key duties include:
• Project manage procurement solicitations for long-term renewable and clean energy contracts, including management of consultants and vendors, development of solicitation materials and requested products, oversight of RFO administration and external communications, and review and selection of offers.
• Negotiate and maintain complex contracts that contribute to CPA’s Renewables Portfolio Standard (RPS), energy storage, and other environmental and community goals.
• Handle transaction execution including leading internal and external due diligence teams and negotiation of transaction terms and documents.
• Manage relationships with counterparties through project development, project on-boarding, amendments, consents, and on-going contract management. Serve as the primary point of contact for long-term energy contracts.
• Evaluate and manage contract requirements, review payments, and manage disputes. Work closely with CPA’s internal procurement team members and portfolio management consultant to ensure implementation and proper management of each contract, including coordination with CPA’s scheduling coordinator, front, mid and back-office functions.
• Prepare reports and presentations for management and CPA’s Board of Directors and respond to regulatory filings/data requests.
How to Apply: https://cleanpoweralliance.org/get-involved/job-contracting-opportunities/
Candidates should send a succinct and well-written cover letter, resume with 3 references, and two writing samples (one public facing piece and one technical/academic style piece) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The start date for the position is as soon as possible and will remain open