Clean Power Alliance : DER Programs Manager
Distributed Energy Resource Programs Manager
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Clean Power Alliance (CPA) is a Community Choice Aggregation/Joint Powers Authority providing electricity services to retail customers in Southern California. With 32 member agencies, CPA is the largest CCA in California and 5th largest electricity provider in the State, serving over three million residents and businesses through more than one million customer accounts.
CPA uses its market power to advance clean energy goals in a way that adheres to the local priorities of its member agencies. As part of this mission, CPA actively works with its customers to develop innovative solutions to manage the transition of California’s electricity system to 100% clean energy.
To implement CPA’s first set of customer-oriented solutions, CPA is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented team member to manage a suite of Distributed Energy Resource pilot programs, under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer and working closely with the Director of Power Planning and Procurement.
This is a challenging, and we expect highly coveted, opportunity to play a key role in restructuring Southern California’s energy market to rapidly reduce greenhouse gas emissions and a more distributed energy future. The DER Programs Manager will be responsible for implementing DER pilot programs that assist CPA
and its customers to manage their load and use load shift for bidding into the CAISO wholesale market
and/or use as Resource Adequacy.
Key duties include:
• Program Design: Support design and launch of CPA’s DER pilot programs, including development of
operational processes and implementing best practices related to DER aggregation
• Project Management: Implement projects from planning stage through close-out, including
managing multiple consultants and contracts, developing and adhering to budgets, and integrating
projects into CPA’s larger resource planning framework.
• Marketing and Customer Acquisition: Lead activities to recruit customers to participate in DER
programs, coordinate with CPA’s marketing and community outreach team to publicize program
opportunities, and developing marketing materials for individual customers and industry groups.
• Measurement, Analytics, and Verification: Develop indicators to measure program effectiveness,
analyze program outcomes to modify implementation activities, and develop and implement
verification protocols to support cost and environmental effectiveness claims.
• Funding Acquisition: Secure outside funding from local/regional/state funding sources to support
and expand CPA’s DER program portfolio, as needed.
• Regulatory/Market Expertise: Serve as subject matter expert for CPA on DER related issues,
including following key compliance and regulatory proceedings at CPUC, CAISO, FERC, and other
• Written Reports and Oral Presentations: Write reports and make oral presentations to CPA’s
Board of Directors, Board Committees, executive management, customers and industry groups.
How to Apply: https://cleanpoweralliance.org/get-involved/job-contracting-opportunities/
Candidates should send a succinct and well-written cover letter and resume with 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.