Ensemble Energy: Data Engineering Intern
Data Engineering Intern
Location: Palo Alto, Ca
Ensemble Energy is an exciting startup in industrial IoT space focused on energy. Our mission is to accelerate the clean energy revolution by making it more competitive using the power of data. Ensemble’s AI enabled SaaS platform provides prescriptive analytics to power plant operators by combining the power of machine learning, big data, and deep domain expertise. As a data engineering intern, you will be participating in developing and deploying fault-tolerant ETL pipelines, perform data visualization and enable the development of ML algorithms.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated with MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or equivalent fields. Specialization in data engineering preferred.
- Strong understanding of data engineering principles using big data technologies.
- Expertise in relational databases (MSSQL/MySQL/Postgres) and expertise in SQL.
- Exposure to NoSQL such as Cassandra. MongoDB will be a plus.
- Experience with distributed computing using Hadoop and Spark.
- Exposure to deploying ETL pipelines such as AirFlow, AWS Data Pipeline, AWS Glue.
- Excellent programming skills in Java, SCALA or Python. Python is preferred.
- Experience using Tableau for data visualization will be a plus.
Ability to stay-on for part-time or full-time as a co-op until December 2019
Ability to demonstrate a portfolio of projects (GitHub, papers, etc.)
How to Apply: https://angel.co/company/ensemble-energy/jobs/554906-data-engineering-intern