Position: Financial Analyst
About the Role
Proterra is hiring a Product Analyst based in Burlingame, CA. The focus of the role is to lead the cost reduction effort for components, and support product decision making from a financial perspective.This role will potentially expand in scope to include mass reduction ownership. It is a unique opportunity to be exposed to a wide variety of manufacturing processes, suppliers, and systems of a heavy duty electric vehicle. Some travel will be required to visit manufacturing plants in Los Angeles, CA and Greenville, SC as well as visits to suppliers – averaging 1.5 weeks of travel per month. The role will report to the Director of Product Management.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the below. Responsibilities will evolve alongside the company’s needs and increase with strong performance.
- Develop and maintain an accurate forecast for the Bill of Material, as well as the cost reduction forecast
- Evaluate actual cost performance compared to plan
- Program manage cost reduction projects to ensure execution
- Regularly report on progress, escalate issues, and update the executive team on cost reduction
- Work with supply chain and engineering teams to brainstorm new cost reduction ideas
- Visit suppliers to learn about manufacturing processes and understand cost structure
- Review and sign off on supplier selection decisions for new components, and supplier contracts for existing components
- Develop cost targets for new programs, and inform architecture and design decisions from a cost perspective
- Develop cost and pricing for customer options and configurations
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university, with strong academic record
- Preference for technical background (engineering)
- 2-4 years of experience in consulting, investment banking, or selective rotational programs
- Advanced financial modeling skills
- Committed to the timely delivery of detail-oriented work and continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal and written / verbal communication skills
- Maintains the highest level of integrity, respect for others, and a positive attitude
- Passion for sustainability and / or transportation
- Strong intellectual curiosity and desire to learn and make an impact
To Apply: Please click here to view full job description and to apply.
Communities are growing and evolving, and with that, our transportation needs are changing. Now more than ever, we need smart solutions that provide safer, more reliable and cleaner transit. Every day, Proterra works to meet those needs, with the world’s best-performing zero-emission buses. Our revolutionary battery-electric buses help fleet operators abandon fossil fuels, improve environmental quality and reduce operating costs. Join the Proterra Revolution.