Position: Senior Product Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Sunrun is the leading residential solar company in the US and continues to expand into new markets, grow our customer footprint and introduce new products. Sunrun’s product and pricing team is looking for a versatile and ambitious business athlete to help drive our product and pricing strategies, and particularly the interaction with utility rate structures. By partnering with our policy, sales, markets, and finance teams, you will have the resources to help the US reach the “tipping point” for solar.
- Be the expert on current and future utility tariff structures (Time-of-Use, Feed-in-Tariffs, demand charges, storage load shifting) and their interaction with our evolving energy product portfolio
- Build the models that illustrate the interaction between customer usage behavior and energy cost outcomes to help inform new product constructs, product strategy
- Work cross-functionally with a variety of teams (policy, sales, advanced products) to support the go-to-market strategy around evolving tariff structures and products
- Design and build tools the analytic tools that level-up our ability to understand and represent customer usage and the interaction with our energy products
- Be the strategic partner of our policy team to help drive optimal tariff design outcomes across our existing and new markets
- Lead proactive and educational communication and coordination of product and pricing initiatives to internal teams in a professional and consultative manner
- BA/BS in Economics, Business, or Engineering field from a top university strongly preferred
- 4+ years work experience in financial analysis, analytical pricing or a structured analytical field. We love top-tier consultants / engineers who are yearning to carry analysis through to execution!
- Comfort with complex and robust financial modeling. Ability to drive meaning from large data sets and drive commercial decisions
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage many priorities under tight time frames and uncertainty
- Ability to work well in a flexible, “roll up your sleeves” and dynamic work environment.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Experience in the energy industry or rate structure design a plus, but not required
- Experience with Python, R, SQL, or similar preferred;
To apply: Please click here to view all job descriptions and to apply.