Corporate Member: Metrus Energy
Position: Vice President of Business Development
This individual will be responsible for helping drive the growth of Metrus’ energy and water efficiency deals and pipeline. This position has the dual responsibility of overseeing the expansion of Metrus’ business development team while actively generating sales of new projects. This individual will recruit channel partners as well as generate increased volume from the company’s existing energy services company (ESCO) and contractor partners. The individual will implement and oversee targeted direct sales efforts to multi-site industrial, commercial and institutional customers.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is able to actively engage key partners from day one while maintaining a relentless focus on closing deals with commercial, industrial and institutional clients. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of exceeding business development targets in the energy efficiency, renewable energy, retail energy or other relevant industries.
The position calls for an individual who can thrive in a results and performance-based start-up and who can demonstrate strategic critical thinking and commitment to Metrus’ mission of scaling efficiency retrofits in the built environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Developing and closing energy and water efficiency deals
- Expanding the base of channel partner relationships with ESCOs, energy contractors and other new promising channels
- Managing and implementing go-to-market strategies that efficiently allocate resources to best accelerate the pipeline and execution of profitable projects
- Identifying changes to Metrus business practices and capabilities and new business opportunities that allow the company to accelerate pipeline growth, project closings, and project profitability
- Preparing and presenting project proposals that articulate Metrus’ value proposition to all levels of customer and channel partner organizations, including executive/board-level professionals
- Building out existing infrastructure and systems to support the success of Metrus’ sales team
Full Job Description and To Apply:
For full details, please view the downloadable file below. To apply, please email your resume to
info [at] metrusenergy.com.
About Metrus Energy:
Metrus Energywww.metrusenergy.com is a full-service specialty finance company, providing project
development and financing services for energy and water efficiency retrofit projects at commercial,
industrial and institutional facilities. Through its comprehensive range of financing solutions, Metrus pays for all upfront and ongoing project costs, providing facilities with the immediate operational and environmental benefits of impactful efficiency measures without the capital expense. Metrus enables customers to treat energy and water efficiency as resources that improve their bottom line and enhance corporate sustainability. Metrus is a well-established efficiency financing leader and is the creator of the Efficiency Services Agreement (ESA) structure that has been utilized to finance numerous large-scale efficiency-as-a-service retrofit projects in the United States. Metrus’ ESA is analogous to power purchase agreements (PPAs) which have been utilized by major facilities to finance and implement renewable energy projects. Metrus was also selected as a key financial partner under the U.S. Department of Energy and White House’s Better Buildings Challenge (BBC) program.